Re: E-M:/ Michigan Environmental Council Capitol Update

Hi, I'm new to the list and not very familiar with specific state regulations, so could someone clarify: I assume that AFOs are, under Michigan law, considered "Agricultural operations." Is that correct?

Thanks for your help.

Jessica DeForest

Snip>>>

Permits to pollute our waters are still free in Michigan -- four months into the fiscal year - Conference Committee scheduled for Tuesday at 12:00 noon

SB 252 - Water Pollution Discharge Fees - - The MDEQ budget bill authorizes $3.0 million in fees. The House substitute includes approximately $3 million in fees.  However, the bill has been weakened by a provision that prevents the department from promulgating any new rules to protect water resources, exempts agricultural operations [emph added]as does nothing to insure more enforcement or pollution prevention.

<<<snip

Jessica DeForest
Learning Resources Center
202 E. Bessey Hall
517-355-2363 Fax: 517-432-6233

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 618 Spam messages and set aside 323 Newsletters for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!
  www.ellaforspam.com