E-M:/ stormwater program on TV

Enviro-Mich message from Marcy Colclough <marcydolphin@yahoo.com>

FYI, courtesy John Kuriawa, NOAA Coastal Programs

==================================

Stormwater on TV! - We are proud to announce the
upcoming broadcast of
the half-hour TV special, After the Storm. This new
documentary will be
aired on February 4, 2004 at 8:00 pm (EST) on the
Weather Channel and
was inspired by our highly successful stormwater
brochure, also called
After the Storm.

The program focuses on the effects of polluted
stormwater runoff, which
is leading cause of problems to our nation's rivers,
lakes, and coastal
waters. During the half-hour three areas of the
country are visited --
Santa Monica Bay, the Mississippi River Basin/Gulf of
Mexico, and New
York City -- to highlight the kind of problems that
polluted stormwater
runoff can pose to the quality of local waters. The
program also
illustrates simple things that citizens can do to help
protect their
local watersheds.

Additional showings include: February 4, 2004 at 11 pm
Eastern Standard
Time (EST), Sunday, May 9th at 8:30 and 11:30 pm EST
and Saturday, June
26th at 8:30 and 11:30 pm EST.

Viewers are encouraged to visit the EPA website
<<http://www.epa.gov/weatherchannel>>www.epa.gov/weatherchannel
<http://www.epa.gov/weatherchannel> for more
information about what they can do.
Citizens can also request a free copy of the After the
Storm brochure at
this website.

After six months, EPA owns the rights to the special.
The Agency
intends to make After the Storm available to other
television stations
and educational organizations interested in
broadcasting the show.

EPA's Issues New NPDES Permit Writers' Guidance Manual
for CAFOs - A new
guidance manual to aid permit writers responsible for
issuing National
Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits
to concentrated
animal feeding operations (CAFOs) is now available at
<<http://www.epa.gov/npdes/caforule>>www.epa.gov/npdes/caforule
<http://www.epa.gov/npdes/caforule>

*********
Nikos Singelis