E-M:/ Bush's scam

Enviro-Mich message from "Anne M. Woiwode" <anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org>

Folks:

A good article in the Washington Post today points out the pandering of
the Bush administration on the environment, like our own local example
of the Great Lakes funding announced last week after the Bush Admin
blocked or failed to fund it previously, and is continuing to fail to
fund the real critical clean up needs. I can't help but have an analogy
run through my mind of a victim of domestic violence being sweet talked
by the abuser -- in this case some of the Bush "reversals" were forced
by court actions, much like restraining orders on the worst of the
activities.  It is critical to assure that the victims are not lured by
the alleged change of heart, which in this case is most certainly not at
all sincere, but simply a way to keep control.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A3982-2004Feb1.html

Anne Woiwode, Director
Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter
109 East Grand River Avenue,  Lansing, MI  48906
ph: 517-484-2372 fx: 517-484-3108 e: anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org
website:  http://michigan.sierraclub.org