Re: E-M:/ Trash Imports to Michigan Skyrocket

Ken,
I agree that it is an over simplification to just blame Michigan Republicans for the trash issue.  As someone with an environmental bent, in the past, I have too often been chagrined that our Mich Dems have traded env positions for votes on other issues, while people like Vern Ehlers, etc. have led the way environmentally, in Mich. (This doesn't mean that I have forgotten the likes of John Cherry, nor appreciated his efforts as a State rep. though).  Look at the example set by Gov Milliken!

However, to assume that the restraint of trade and interstate commerce, precludes any ability to limit trash from outside the state seems naive as well.  It would be fair to say that there are some Mich Republicans who don't yet know that Engler is gone!!
Regards,
Chuck