Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 11:30 PM
Subject: E-M:/ ANWR Drilling / Kerry and Hoffa-Teamsters

....noting the past messages in support of the Kerry campaign on EM,
LCV's support of Kerry and today's suspension of the Dean campaign....

===============================

The following clip appeared tonight on the Deanfor america blog
noting a film clip played on MSNBC Hardball of James Hoffa Jr.

"Hoffa says ( Hardball, Feb. 17) that Kerry says he will support drilling " everywhere". This is in exchange for the Teamster endorsement.
Selling us down the river.....
Posted by alaskana at February 18, 2004 09:47 PM"

The film clip text was not in the program text when I went
to search on the Hardball site....however this exchange referenced
the hoffa piece...

MATTHEWS:  Can I ask Lisa a question?  Because you were a dispatched reporter.  Extremely dispatched.  Extremely dispatched.  Is there any issue a Democrat will not buckle on, in order to get elected to the White House?

Like the moment we saw, listening to James Hoffa there?

DEPAULO:  Right, he‘s rolling all over the country.

MATTHEWS:  Planning this sort of meeting he had of the minds with him and Kerry?

DEPAULO:  Right.

MATTHEWS:  Where Kerry buckled on every single issue he brought up?  I forgot to ask the best question: Is there anything he wouldn‘t say to you to get the Teamsters?  Which is, I think, a fair question.

DEPAULO:  Right.

If this is true, the SC should seek an immediate clarification
from Kerry  or issue a public statement
on whether he has altered his position on ANWR
drilling.

Alex J. Sagady & Associates        http://www.sagady.com

Prospectus at:  http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com