E-M:/ LCV Scorecard

Title: Message

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Adam Benson
202/225-4071

February 24, 2004

Rep. John D. Dingell statement on LCV Scorecard

Today, the League of Conservation Voters (LCV) released the National Environmental Scorecard. The scorecard provides objective, factual information about the environmental voting records of all Members of the first session of the 108th Congress.

The LCV gave Congressman Dingell a score of 95 out of a possible 100. Dingell tied for the highest score of any Ranking Member in the House and has the highest score of any Congressman from Michigan. When told of the high marks, Congressman Dingell said:

"This high score is quite an honor. I have a great deal of respect for the League of Conservation Voters and the awareness that they bring to environmental issues. At this time, every vote to protect America’s amazing natural resources comes with a fight. We have battled to protect this land and the people who live on it from polluters and their friends in the White House who consider environmental laws to be an obstacle. Unlike the administration, I am pro-growth – for both the environment and the job market. I know we can protect the environment and create jobs; unfortunately, this administration has proven it can’t do either."

###

Katie Murtha

Office of Congressman John D. Dingell

2328 Rayburn House Office Building