From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
[mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of Dave Dempsey
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 6:05 PM
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: E-M:/ the wolverines are back! (maybe)

-
Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davemec@voyager.net>
-

Riding on the back of a snowmobile in Huron County with coyote hunters
who earlier reported spotting a wolverine, Arnie Karr snapped pictures
of the animal as it ran out of the woods and across a field.

Tuesday's encounter by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources
wildlife biologist, officials say, marks the state's first confirmed
sighting of the forest predator in the wild since reports by fur
traders dating to the late 1700s and early 1800s.

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm18612_20040225.htm

enviro-mich"