Re: E-M:/ Judge OKs dune waste pipe

Bill and other Enviro-michers,

It seems you are mistaking this Muskegon Save Our Shoreline group with the one on your side of the state focused on extreme property rights to allow wetlands destruction, etc.  This Muskegon SOS group has worked (and continues to work) diligently to prevent shoreline destruction by the proposed Nugent Sand Company to put a pipeline through a critical dune and build a structure on the beach to direct an 8 million gallon a day discharge into Lake MIchigan -- for which they have already received a NPDES (National Pollution Discharge Elimination System) permit from the DEQ.  Muskegon Save Our Shoreline has garnered support from t
wenty-five organizations and has convinced four municipalities to officially oppose Nugent Sand's project.  They have delivered over 1300 letters and signatures to Governor Granholm’s office opposing the project.  They definitely need and deserve our support.   -Kym Spring

Kym Spring, Community Organizer
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund
Ph- 616-742-4084
E-mail:
grandrapids@cleanwater.org
959 Wealthy St SE, #2
Grand Rapids, MI  49506
www.cleanwateraction.org
www.cleanwaterfund.org

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you receive this communication in error, please notify me immediately by email, telephone or fax and delete the original message from your records. Thank you.