Re: E-M:/ Legislation to protect Great Lakes

Does this legislation have any standards and prohibitions
that would preclude issuance of a permit?

....such as....

1.  No permit if the resulting cone of depression causes adjacent
well owners to lose access to water

2.   No permit if the resulting groundwater effects cause impairment
of existing lakes, rivers and streams

3.  No permit if groundwater drawdowns cause mobilization of
pre-existing contaminated groundwater to increase migration to
uncontaminated sites?

At 10:34 AM 03/03/2004, you wrote:

> [...]

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com