E-M:/ Granholm interview

Dear Friends,
In an interview with the Great Lakes Bulletin News Service, Michigan Governor Jennifer M. Granholm disclosed that she’s determined to keep natural gas developers out of the Jordan Valley in northern Michigan, and has taken no position on whether a coal burning power plant should be built in Manistee. She unveiled the basic form of a new competitive program to direct state investments to spur downtown development in 12 qualified cities. She confirmed her commitment to protect the state’s clean water and her intent to make sure Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry understands water politics in the Great Lakes region. Gov. Granholm commended Senate Republican Majority Leader Ken Sikkema and Republican Attorney General Mike Cox, asserting their working relationship was sound. Lastly, she talked about racial segregation and how it was damaging Michigan’s economic well being and making sprawl worse. “These old biases are counterproductive to growing our cities and to growing our economy,” Ms. Granholm said.
To read the full transcript see: www.mlui.org