E-M:/ Water-level boost sought for 2 lakes

FYI from Tom,
1,200 gallons a minute from a deep aquifer just to fill a lake?  What classification would this fall under in the potential future regulations under debate (residential, commercial, recreation, others)?  I thought of "aquatic plant irrigation", but I thought that may be a bit innovative.

Water-level boost sought for 2 lakes

Residents have asked the county drain commissioner to raise Myers and Bostwick lakes near Rockford by replenishing them with water from wells.
It's like filling the pool with a hose -- a big hose, of course.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-13/1079712901304951.xml