E-M:/ RE: / Water-level boost sought for 2 lakes

Title: Message
Its a great question - isn't there a similar situation near the Ice Mountain location - where a well is used to keep a lake level up? Does anyone know?
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of HAMILTREEF@aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 1:23 PM
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: E-M:/ Water-level boost sought for 2 lakes

FYI from Tom,
1,200 gallons a minute from a deep aquifer just to fill a lake?  What classification would this fall under in the potential future regulations under debate (residential, commercial, recreation, others)?  I thought of "aquatic plant irrigation", but I thought that may be a bit innovative.

Water-level boost sought for 2 lakes

Residents have asked the county drain commissioner to raise Myers and Bostwick lakes near Rockford by replenishing them with water from wells.
It's like filling the pool with a hose -- a big hose, of course.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-13/1079712901304951.xml

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents
contain information from the law firm of Honigman Miller
Schwartz and Cohn LLP which may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
The information is intended to be for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us immediately (313.465.7000)
and destroy the original message and all copies.