E-M:/ Journalist Workshop on Land Use

Enviro-Mich message from "Amy Spray" <aspray@pscinc.com>

News from one of our latest People and Land (PAL) grant projects. Interested in learning more? Please respond directly to Dave Poulson. For more information on PAL, go to www.peopleandland.org.

Dear Enviromichers,

Frustrated by media coverage of land use issues?  Herešs a chance to get a West Michigan journalist to a workshop that better prepares them for covering the issue.

The Knight Center for Environmental Journalism at Michigan State University is holding the workshop April 26. We have found that the best way to get a reporter to a conference is with a direct invitation. Do you know of a West Michigan reporter, broadcaster, or news organization interested in these issues or who would benefit from such a workshop? If so, please invite them. And if you are such a reporter, please come.

Information and an application are at www.environmental.jrn.msu.edu/landuse.html. The application deadline is April 9. The conference is on the Allendale campus of Grand Valley State University.

And if you can supply me with a name and publication, Išll make sure that likely candidates get a direct invitation from us.
A few caveats: Attendees must be print or broadcast journalists for mainstream media outlets.
               Attendees must work in West Michigan.

Yes, we realize that there are plenty of journalists elsewhere who would benefit from such training. But our grant is for a West Michigan pilot program. We hope to eventually expand this effort elsewhere.

Best,

Dave Poulson
Knight Center for Environmental Journalism
Michigan State University
(517) 432 5417
poulson@msu.edu