E-M:/ no great lake left behind?

I've just come across a compelling column recently authored by Joyce Braithwaite Brickley, the former appointments director for Governor William G. Milliken. She is now writing weekly columns for a service called MinuteMan Media. This particular piece is on the need for better environmental monitoring and reporting on the health of the Great Lakes.

"Still, decades after passing tough water pollution cleanup laws, it's astonishing that the public has no way of finding out how much progress we've made and where we might be going wrong. We're not excusing such fuzzy math in our schools anymore. It's time to stop accepting fuzzy reporting on the environment. "

http://www.minutemanmedia.org/GLM%20031704.htm