E-M:/ Fwd: [adamah-announce] 4/1: Contentious Issues Around Genetically Engineered Foods

Note: forwarded message attached.

If you are free to come and are interested in genetic engineering of foods,
please join me for the presentation I will give for the Sierra Club SEMG
tomorrow night--April 1st, April Fools Day.  I'll try to make it as funny as
I can.  But if I'm dead serious, just take my word for it, I do have a sense
of humor!

Claire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sierra Club SEMG's General Meeting & Monthly Program

April 1

Contentious Issues Around Genetically Engineered Foods

Claire O'Leary, member of the Sierra Club Natl Genetic Engineering
Committee, will talk about the controversies that have emerged with the
introduction of GE foods.

All meetings are held at the Northwest Unitarian Universalist Church at
23925 Northwestern Hwy., southbound service drive, between Southfield and
Evergreen Rd., and 9 and 10 mile Rd., in Southfield.

Program as follow:
7:pm - Social Time
7:30pm -Business Meeting & Announcements
8-9pm- Program

"Claire O'Leary, volunteer member of the Sierra Club national Genetic
Engineering Committee, will talk about the controversies that have emerged
with the introduction of genetically engineered foods.  Have the regulatory
agencies done a good job of protecting human health and the environment?
Claire brings insight to both genetic engineering and of food systems.
Attendance will be rewarded with empowering knowledge and hopeful
alternatives for how we can feed ourselves."