E-M:/ MSU Power Plant expansion

Date:         Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:19:11 -0400
Sender: Environmental journalism discussion <KNIGHTLINE@LIST.MSU.EDU>
From: Chelsea Wentworth Mcmellen <mcmelle1@MSU.EDU>
Subject:      [KNIGHTLINE] Power Plant Forum
To: KNIGHTLINE@LIST.MSU.EDU

This event is tomorrow. I think that it will be of interest to many of you,
and I hope that you will come!

Did you know that MSU is planning to spend $30 million to expand its power
plant? Did you know that this addition is Natural Gas? Curious why students,
faculty, and the University Committee for a Sustainable campus were not
involved in the decision making process?  Curious why there are no plans for
renewable energy in this project?

Come to a Power Plant Forum to discuss these issuses.

Tuesday, April 13
B104 Wells Hall
6:30 pm- 8:30 pm

Our panel of experts includes-Bob Ellerhorst, head of power plant -Terry
Link,
head of The University Committee for a Sustainable Campus -Chelsea McMellen,
MSU student and ECO member, - a state energy official, -and Dr. Alan
Arbugast,
MSU Professor.

For more information email ECO at eco@msu.edu

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com