E-M:/ Global Warming Awareness Rally June 15 at State Capitol

Enviro-Mich message from David Seagull <seagulld@yahoo.com>

GLOBAL WARMING AWARENESS RALLY
TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2004
ON THE STEPS OF THE STATE CAPITOL IN LANSING
11am - 2pm

Contact David Seagull to get involved:
seagulld@yahoo.com,
ph 517-410-3318

The purpose of the rally is to raise the visibility and level of
urgency on this issue.

Current participating organizations include:

Michigan Environmental Council
Fox-47 TV
Michigan Interfaith Climate and Energy Campaign
Michigan Interfaith Power and Light
Mid-Michigan Environmental Action Council
Western Michigan Environmental Action Council and more.

The time is right for all those with a state in this issue to
come together and demonstrate their conviction.  The rally is
assembling a bi-partisan, broad-based coalition of stakeholders
in this issue including the interfaith community, climate justice
activists, climate change scientists, educators from Michigan
universities, state and national politicians, environmental
groups, religious leaders and concerned individuals.  State Rep.
Chris Kolb is the first confirmed speaker.  We are planning
speeches, alternate energy exhibits, solar cars, alternate fuel vehicles,
climate change and environmental displays and  literature,
free ice cream and children's activities.

Tentative Schedule:
11:00am-11:45a    March from Riverfront Park to Capitol
Noon-1pm          Speeches from politicians, scientists,
                  religious leaders, business leaders
1pm-2pm	          Exhibits/Displays

Your participation is essential!

1)  Plan to attend and spread the word. A large turnout sends a
message to our legislators and our society as a whole that this
issue is credible and demands our attention now.

2)  Participate by brining a display, exhibit or literature which
addresses or is related to climate change in some way.  We are
still in the planning stage.  You can contribute with ideas and
displays and other support activities.  See contact information
below. It is important that people have the opportunity to
connect with those working in and around this issue from 1pm to
2pm after the speeches.

Please contact organizer David Seagull ASAP to see how you can
contribute:
ph:   	517-410-3318
email 	seagulld@yahoo.com

=====
David Seagull
Ph:  517-410-3318

Global Warming Awareness Day, June 15, 2004 State Capitol, 11a - 2p