[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Judge rejects an appeal to fill up Oakland lake
- Subject: E-M:/ Judge rejects an appeal to fill up Oakland lake
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 05:51:50 EDT
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
I posted this topic a while back and we covered a couple questions. Here is a followup to what will be a continued process.
Judge rejects an appeal to fill up Oakland lake
Residents seeking permission to pump groundwater into a man-made Oakland County lake have been rejected twice this month -- the latest on Wednesday when a judge refused to intervene.
But Lake Waumegah residents aren't done.
They are appealing the Department of Environmental Quality's April 1 decision and might file a lawsuit to get their lake filled.