E-M:/ State panel picks solid environmental leader

State panel picks solid environmental leader

Humphries says the DNR, “over time, through budget cuts and through our splits” with the Department of Environmental Quality, has “become less and less accessible through our offices and our field structure.”

Can she pull it off? Dave Dempsey, policy adviser for the Michigan Environmental Council, says Humphries has “got the guts” to tackle tough issues, and the test will be if this avid hunter and owner of four bird dogs can see “the bigger picture.”

http://www.detnews.com/2004/editorial/0404/22/a17-129648.htm