E-M:/ EARTH DAY CLEANUPS

Enviro-Mich message from Smileysmlc@aol.com

In celebration of Earth Day, bring the kids and help clean up two important
properties:

Saturday, April 24, 10 a.m. - Earth Day Cleanup & Work Party.  Bring work
gloves and meet at the Conservancy farm at 8383 Vreeland Road, Ypsilanti
48198--1/2 mile east of Prospect Road.  Use www.mapquest.com for a map and directions.
 We will have a number of projects to do around the farm and at the LeFurge
Woods Nature Preserve.

Saturday, May 1, 10 a.m. - Holliday Preserve Cleanup & Trail Work.  We will
primarily be helping the Holliday Nature Preserve Association re-establish
trails at the "Foxlands" portion of Holliday Preserve--which is the 40 acres which
SMLC purchased as our first project.  Bring work gloves and loppers to prune
the brush which is growing in the trails.  The Koppernick entrance is on
Koppernick Road, west of Hix Road (1/2 mile west, then 1/4 mile south).  Go to
www.mapquest.com for a map and directions.  Use the address 39401 Koppernick Road,
Canton MI  48187.  (The entrance is right on the Canton/Westland border.)

Hope to see you at one or both of these events!

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com