Re: E-M:/ Earth Day gift to Michigan...

Enviro-Mich message from Andrew Mutch <andrewimutch@yahoo.com>

“It is evident from what we’ve heard that current
statutes and rules simply are not working for
residents or protecting the environment in the way we
hope they would,” said Rep. John Pastor, R-Livonia.
“By implementing these changes, we can be good
stewards of the environment and make sure the needs of
Michigan residents are met and their rights
protected.”

If you ever make it down to the Novi area, drive down
Haggerty Road, south of Eight Mile. On the east side
of the road, you'll see the remnants of a large
wetland complex that was obliterated so Rep. Pastor
could build a strip mall (located in Northville
Township). Supposedly, the wetlands will be
"mitigated" elsewhere. If you'll recall, this was the
case where DEQ staff felt so threatened by Rep.
Pastor, they were ready to call the police. Apparently
the "we" as in "we can be good stewards of the
environment" does not Rep. Pastor.

Andrew Mutch
Novi