[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ DNR should monitor deer and elk farms
- Subject: E-M:/ DNR should monitor deer and elk farms
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:15:27 EDT
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
Typical Republican action to put select business interest over the welfare of the state resources.
DNR should monitor deer and elk farms
LANSING -- A state legislator is trying to stop Gov. Jennifer Granholm from transferring regulation of deer and elk farms from the Agriculture Department to the Department of Natural Resources. Blocking the transfer would be a mistake that could have serious consequences for Michigan's wild deer herd.
Every hunter, and anyone who cares about wildlife, should oppose Rep. Thomas Casperson's resolution, which flies in the face of good science, common sense and the recommendations of a task force.