[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Macomb Township - King of the Wind faces fines
- Subject: E-M:/ Macomb Township - King of the Wind faces fines
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 06:45:22 EDT
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
Hmm, hiding a commercial compost landfill under the right-to-farm act?
King of the Wind faces fines
Attorney general files suit against Macomb Township farm
King of the Wind Farms Inc. spans 300 acres off North Avenue and Chapman, that includes a 60-horse barn.
In the latest controversy over the farm, the Michigan Attorney General's Office filed a lawsuit March 29 on behalf of the state Department of Environmental Quality, citing that the farm's composting operations pollute the air and the water that streams into the Clinton River.