[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ DEQ chief not yet ready to rule on Nugent pipeline
- Subject: E-M:/ DEQ chief not yet ready to rule on Nugent pipeline
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 06:39:09 EDT
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
DEQ chief not yet ready to rule on Nugent pipeline
Department of Environmental Quality Director Steven Chester wants more information before he decides if Nugent Sand Co. should be allowed to build a pipeline through a Lake Michigan dune.
Nugent wants to use the 600-foot pipeline beneath 4,000-year-old Lake Michigan dunes in Norton Shores to discharge up to 8 million gallons of treated wastewater a day into Lake Michigan.