Re: E-M:/ "You Are What You Eat: Making Food Choices That Promote Healthy Fa...

In a message dated 05/17/2004 5:26:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, aheise@wccnet.org writes:
Your mother was right after all when she said, "You are what you eat."
Back then, it meant "eat your vegetables."  Today, it involves questions
about pesticide levels, healthy diets, the future of rural communities,
and the impact of farming methods on natural ecosystems
Hi All,
As a member of the zipper club (quad coronary artery bypass) and carotid endarterectomy
(read that as ream job on the carotid artery, I have been very interested in diet impacts, since my genes don't give me much leeway.  The above note is just part of the story that can be expanded if you read, "Fats that Heal and Fats that Kill".  Solid research has demonstrated that the fatty acids that make up the fats that are in the pigs and cows that you eat (not me any more) have been changed by the feedstocks that we provide these animals (read that as inclusive of egg yolks and farm fed fish).  Seems that our industrial approach to animal husbandry is coming back to haunt us in the form of flawed "essential fatty acid components"  It is part of the Omega fatty acid discussion of which you may already be aware.  Do yourself a favor and read the book if you have health issues (or not)

Regards,
Chuck

The   paperback