E-M:/ Response to SOS claims

Enviro-Mich message from Andrew Mutch <andrewimutch@yahoo.com>

It be helpful to read what SOS put out in a press
release following the court ruling to understand why
there's need for clarification. My understanding of
the ruling is that property owners have "right to
exclusive use" of land between the water's edge and
the ordinary high water mark. But they don't own the
property itself. SOS seems to be claiming otherwise.
See:

http://www.saveourshoreline.org/2004-5-14-04%20Press%20Release.pdf

“We have said all along that we own to the water’s
edge, and this decision confirms for
modern times what the courts have repeatedly said
since 1930 and before,” said SOS
President Ernie Krygier.

The court decision clearly defines what rights belong
to a riparian owner over land that is held in trust by
the state.

Andrew Mutch
Novi