Re: E-M:/ Sportsmen's groups balk at Bush's Great Lakes plan

Last April MUCC also sent a representative and myself to Washington, DC for few days to help the National Wildlife Federation with several visits throughout capitol hill.  We worked together to cover the mercury power plant emissions and the impact on the fish eating advisories.  I stressed how we started the walleye restoration in the mid 1970s to produce the good fishing we have today, but we still cannot safely eat the fish.  I noted that in every visit the Michigan politicians understood well the need to tighten power plant emissions, however, we are still competing against big money interest.  MUCC and sportsmen will continue to help as we can.