[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]

Re: E-M:/ a question for enviro-mich readers

To report an environmental emergency situation: 
Call the 24 hour Pollution Emergency Alerting System (PEAS) at:
1-800-292-4706 (within Michigan) or
1-517-373-7660 (outside of Michigan).

Mike Bitondo
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 8:49 PM
Subject: E-M:/ a question for enviro-mich readers

Dear friends,
Help! It's 8:45 PM on Friday night, 5-21-04, and I just found a message on our Voices for Earth Justice voice mail from a man who is witnessing freon being dumped out of refrigerators at an apartment building in Auburn Hills. He said he tried to call the EPA no answer--he found our phone # in the book.
What advice can I give him? Should he call the Auburn Hills police? What else can he do?
Thank you,
      Patty Gillis, Voices for Earth Justice
      phone# 313-378-1272