[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ wetland enforcement to be toughened
- Subject: E-M:/ wetland enforcement to be toughened
- From: "Dave Dempsey" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:00:45 -0400
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: "Dave Dempsey" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
TRAVERSE CITY -- Up to $500,000 in federal money is expected to beef up
protection of Michigan wetlands next year.
Part of the cash will pay for up to four new Department of Environmental
Quality inspectors devoted solely to scrutiny and enforcement of development
projects where wetlands are filled, drained or otherwise altered, DEQ Director
Steve Chester said Friday.