E-M:/ RE: / Can unpermitted sewer force hookup?

Title: Message
This is a great question - I suspect the answer is yes - based on the enforeceability of local ordinances which would be the authority for requiring the connection - although in the case of drinking wells some people have refused to connect and have resisted the requirement to connect - I am curious if anyone has any specific cases were this has been litigated. On the other hand if one argued the connection would make the discharge worse - that may be very effective.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of EcoVision@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 5:34 PM
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: E-M:/ Can unpermitted sewer force hookup?

Can a sewer authority force an individual to connect to a system that does not  have a state discharge permit and that is discharging illegally, e.g.  phosphate and chloride exceedances, groundwater  discharge venting to surface, etc... ?
Confidential: This electronic message and all contents
contain information from the law firm of Honigman Miller
Schwartz and Cohn LLP which may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
The information is intended to be for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us immediately (313.465.7000)
and destroy the original message and all copies.