E-M:/ Macomb Needs Environmental Prosecutor Office!

Enviro-Mich message from Tom Rombach for Prosecutor <tomrombach2004@yahoo.com>

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
May 29, 2004

CONTACT:  Tom Rombach – (586) 263-4520

Rombach Commits to Environmental Prosecution

Mt Clemens, MI – Tom Rombach, Democratic candidate for
Macomb County Prosecutor, today vowed to continue the
Prosecutor’s Environmental Protection Unit when
elected.

“Our environment is a sacred trust for our children
and our grandchildren” said Rombach.   “Clean water
and clean air should not be sacrificed for short-term
political gain.”

Rombach declared, “Even with the surge in development,
the health and safety of Macomb County’s citizens
outweighs the need for extraordinary speed and
profitability for area developers.  While most of our
builders act responsibly in their efforts to meet the
constant demand for new housing, competition is
fierce, and the financial windfall from cutting
corners is tempting,” Rombach observed.  “The Macomb
County Prosecutor’s Office needs to remain vigilant,
punishing lawbreakers who plunder our environment for
profit.”

Macomb County Commissioner Peggy Kennard (D-St. Clair
Shores), a longtime   environmental activist, agreed:
“Tom Rombach has stepped up to the challenge of
protecting Macomb County’s shorelines and wetlands.”

“Our rivers, lakes and wetlands are in better
condition now than they have been in years,” Kennard
said.  “We need an aggressive prosecutor like Tom
Rombach to safeguard these resources and protect our
families.”

Currently the Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office
assigns one assistant prosecutor to enforce wetland,
floodplain and inland waterway laws as well as the
Clean Water Act. The prosecutor’s office also pursues
illegal solid and hazardous waste disposal, scrap
tire, underground storage tank and county sanitary
code violations.

A trial attorney for over 16 years, Rombach has served
as a city prosecutor, Macomb County Commissioner and
President of the Macomb County Bar Association.

=====
Tom Rombach For Prosecutor
43597 Hillsboro
Clinton Twp., MI  48038