E-M:/ Alert: Senate Democratic Environmental Task Force public hearing at Metro Beach TONIGHT

I thought everyone might find this interesting. Can you please post this on website.
Zvonko

Dear Interested Parties:

I am contacting you to formally invite you to attend the upcoming public forum of the Senate Democratic Environmental Task Force on June 3rd, 2004 from 7-9 p.m. at Metro Beach, located at 31300 Metropolitan Parkway in Harrison Township. The public forum will be held at the Tom Welsh Activities Center.

The Senate Democratic Environmental Task Force was created to study the impacts of key environmental issues on the health of Michigan's children, as well as to receive feedback on several environmental issues of concern to Michigan's residents.

The task force that I will be hosting will feature a discussion on clean beaches for our children. The public forum will include several speakers including Doug Martz, chairman of the Macomb County Water Quality Board, Mark Richardson, the environmental prosecutor for Macomb County and Director of the Office of the Great Lakes and former State Senator Ken DeBeaussaert. There will also be a public interaction period where citizens and interested organizations can provide testimony and ask questions on issues that pertain to our environment.

With summer just around the corner, together we can join in the fight to help Michigan's residents enjoy the beauty that our lakes, rivers, beaches and forests provide to all generations by working together to make them cleaner. I urge you to come out to the public forum and share your thoughts and views on clean water and the environment. I also encourage you to help spread the word within your organization and to other interested individuals and groups about the event. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact my office at 1-866-303-0110.

Sincerely,

Michael Switalski
State Senator
10th District