E-M:/ Bush chairman fabricated job losses numbers associated with CAFE

Enviro-Mich message from Keith Schneider <keith@mlui.org>

Dear friend,
The Michigan Land Use Institute was just as startled as you may have been
when Bush campaign chairman Marc Racicot came to town in April to assert
that Michigan stood to "lose 105,000" jobs if higher CAFE standards were in
place.
	The Institute investigated and today we posted an article that exposes the
misleading numbers behind Racicot's utterly false claim that   boosting car
and light truck gas mileage will cost the auto industry jobs. Stephanie
Rudolph, a writer on our news desk this summer, was startled to discover
just how far critics of higher fuel mileage standards will go to manipulate
data.
	Share in Stephanie's worldwide (and world-class) debut for us here at
www.mlui.org.
	Trust your summer is going well, Keith Schneider, deputy director,
Michigan Land Use Institute