Fwd: E-M:/ Beach walking case

I have placed a copy of the petition for review referenced below to
the Michigan Supreme Court concerning
Glass v. Goeckel, the Michigan case concerning the rights
of the public to walk Great Lakes beaches between
the water's edge and the high water mark at:

http://www.sagady.com/stuff/GlassvGoeckelPetitionMichSupremeCourt.pdf

For more details and information on this case, please
contact Attorney Pamela Burt directly at pb@wabpc.com

>Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:09:04 -0400
>From: "Pam Burt" <pb@wabpc.com>
>To: <enviro-mich@great-lakes.net>
>Subject: E-M:/ Beach walking case

>Enviro-Mich message from "Pam Burt" <pb@wabpc.com>
>
>As the attorney for the plaintiff in Glass v Goeckel (the beach walking
>case), I thought I'd update all of you who contacted me with emails of
>support -- and there were many.
>
>You'll recall that the Mich Court of Appeals, in a 5/13/04 decision, ruled
>that the public does not have the right to walk between the water's edge
>and the high water mark on the shores of our Great Lakes (the
>"foreshore").  Instead, members of the public must walk below the water's
>edge or run the risk of trespass on the rights of riparian owners who,
>according to the decision, have exclusive possession of the foreshores of
>the Great Lakes.
>
>On Thursday, June 24, 2004, we filed a lengthy application for leave to
>appeal with the Mich Supreme Court on behalf of plaintiff-appellant, Mrs.
>Glass -- seeking peremptory reversal or vacating of the Court of Appeals
>decision.
>
>I thank all of you who called or wrote with heartfelt support.  I was
>amazed at the power of enviro-mich in reaching so many people who care so
>much about this issue.
>
>Pam Burt
>pb@wabpc.com

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com