E-M:/ save wetlands, protect water

Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davedem@hotmail.com>

Nice letter to the editor in the Free Press today from Michigan staff of the
Army Corps of Engineers and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service:

"We already have at our disposal one of our most efficient and
cost-effective stormwater management tools, albeit in an ever-diminishing
condition. Wetlands are certainly one of the "solutions that trap rain water
and then release it gradually, rather than simply funneling it into the
nearest creek, storm drain or sewer."

http://www.freep.com/voices/letters/elets28_20040628.htm

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 3 months FREE!