E-M:/ Global Warming

"Climatologist Exposes Cracks In Global Warming Foundation

WASHINGTON, July 12 -- A new report from the National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA) exposes serious problems with the historical climate trends reconstruction published by the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) -- the primary evidence used by policy makers and activists who espouse the theory that human activity is causing catastrophic global warming.

.

.

for more of this, see: http://spatialnews.geocomm.com/dailynews/2004/jul/13/news6.html

.

.

The NCPA is an internationally known nonprofit, nonpartisan research institute with offices in Dallas and Washington, D. C. that advocates private solutions to public policy problems. We depend on the contributions of individuals, corporations and foundations that share our mission. The NCPA accepts no government grants. " (the emphasis is mine – that kind of an agenda makes me a bit nervous when dealing with environmental issues – it smacks of the fox in the henhouse.)

The source article is at:

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba/ba478/

I'd like to hear more about this from researchers familiar with the viability of the source data. I'll certainly wait for a peer-reviewed publication before jumping to any conclusions. However, the press is unlikely to let this lie until then.

Regards,

-Tim-

Timothy Carpenter, P.E., Pres.,
GeoDynamics Consultants, Inc.