Re: E-M:/ those 105,000 jobs are pure fabrication

Enviro-Mich message from "William Tobler" <WilliamTobler@CrittersWoods.org>

I haven't studied the issue, but from what I've read over the many years,
the Bush claim is pure crap.  Sorry for being graphic, but this is a CAFO
issue.

High fuel economy requirements cause the companies to invest in more
technology with higher paying jobs.
The major companies do NOT intend to go out of business!  They will do what
they have to do.

However, I would respectfully request that the environmental community react
in a knowledgeable manner to any proposals.  Some of the hopes and dreams
are pure BS, quite frankly.  What appears to be to be a wonderful
alternative, is in reality, nothing more than a dead end with no benefit.  A
cradle to grave analysis of each proposal is a minimal requirement.  There
are many proposals out there that really have no validity if you know some
of the reality.

Bill  (a power train research engineer for a major automotive company)