Re: E-M:/ Three Michigan Supreme Court Decisions

Enviro-Mich message from "Pete Pasterz" <ppasterz@pplant.msu.edu>

What's surprising about this?   The anti MEPA justices were/are the Michigan Chamber of Commerce- funded "non-partisan" candidates.    We need campaign finance reform as well as judicial review [appointment?] reform, or like the legislature, we'll end up with the best Supreme Court money can buy [and we know who has the money].

>>> "WIMS" <jdauphin@charter.net> 08/03/04 12:38PM >>>

On July 30, 2004, the Michigan Supreme Court issued three major opinions that will have significant implications for environmental law in Michigan. The opinions also reveal a deep division among Justices in the Michigan High Court on critical environmental issues. We have posted a brief overview of each of the three cases with links to the full text opinions.

See: http://www.ecobizport.com/SupremeCtMISR.html

The cases are: National Wildlife Federation v. Cleveland Cliffs ; Preserve The Dunes v MDEQ ; and County of Wayne v Hathcock

Waste Information & Management Services, Inc. (WIMS)
Publishers of Michigan Waste Report, REGTrak, WIMS Daily & eNewsUSA
Jeff Dauphin, President
818 Avenue D, Traverse City, MI 49686-3532
Phone: 231-932-1366, Cell: 231-392-2684
E-Mail:  jd@ecobizport.com