Re: E-M:/ Water challenge

Yes, you could SAY a one gallon milk jug is one foot wide. That wouldn't make it true. My (plastic ) one gallon milk jug is about 5 3/4 inches wide. A better volume conversion would be that one gallon is 0.13368 cubic feet or, the other way around, one cubic foot contains 7.481 gallons. Large quantities like millions of gallons of water or trillion dollar deficits are hard to comprehend so simple comparisons help. Care in setting up the conversions also helps.