E-M:/ Green Blood Drive--Oakland County

We're looking for some GREEN blood!

Oakland Eco-Citizen Blood Drive
Friday, Sept 24      1 to 7 pm
First Congregational Church of Royal Oak

If you are an Oakland County citizen and you value a healthy environment, don't miss the first annual Oakland Eco-Citizen Blood Drive.  This unique event is co-sponsored by the East Michigan Environmental Action Council, Detroit Audubon Society, Michigan Organic Food & Farm Alliance, and PIRGIM.

You can donate blood with the American Red Cross and join us at an environmental open house to learn how you can be part of Oakland County's voice for the environment.  We all expect to live, work and play in a healthy environment.  It's time we demand action by our government to keep and restore clean water, clear air and more.  Meet fellow Eco-Citizens as we all Stand Up for Michigan's Water!

First Congregational Church of Royal Oak is at 1314 Northwood Boulevard, just west of Crooks Road between 12 & 13 Mile Roads.  Contact EMEAC to make your donor appointment ASAP.  According to the Red Cross, there is a critical need for donations right now because supplies are low.  Call 248-258-5188 or contact emeac@aol.com

To donate blood you must be in good health, weigh 110 pounds or more and be at least 17 years old.  Visit www.semredcross.org for more details on donor eligibility.

For more information, contact Carol Osborne, Project Staff, East MI Environmental Action Council, carolo@gtlakes.com