E-M:/ Possible State Land Sale to Toyota

It's unfortunate and sad to see the Granholm administration pushing for more urban sprawl.  Will politicians ever live up to their stated concern for protecting land and revitalizing our cities?

If the Legislature goes along with this plan, the least they could do would be to earmark the proceeds towards direct land preservation efforts in southeast Michigan.  The globally significant Sibley Prairie comes to mind.  We have many other urgent needs as well.

Citizens in southeast Michigan really get short-changed.  We get costly sprawling development, rotting cities, and virtually no important land preservation efforts by the State.  Is there anyone in the Legislature or in the Granholm administration up to the challenge?

Jack Smiley
President
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com