E-M:/ Diversity Scholarships Available for Land Trust Conference

Enviro-Mich message from Smileysmlc@aol.com

This is a notice for scholarships to the Land Trust Rally--the national
conference for land trusts and land conservation professionals to be held in
Providence, Rhode Island, October 28-31 (main sessions Oct. 30 & 31).  Feel free to
forward this to students or others who may be interested in attending.
Deadline for applications is Monday, with a possible extension of the deadline.
This national conference is highly recommended (I have been to six of them).
Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy

Up to 30 diversity scholarships are available through the Land Trust
Alliance in a unique opportunity to broaden the diversity of Rally and
the land conservation movement.  Formerly limited to just LTA Land Trust
Members, these scholarships have now been opened up to qualified
applicants associated with any land trust, minority students,
volunteers, conservation professionals, or any minorities with a serious
interest in making a professional career in land conservation.

We need your help in recommending strong candidates and in forwarding
this email to others who may qualify for this first-time opportunity.
LTA has already been doing a lot to diversify the speakers and
presenters at Rally, and now we need the help of the land trust
community to recommend candidates that will help us begin to establish a
more diverse audience of participants.

Please visit www.lta.org/training/rally/scholarships.htm
<http://www.lta.org/training/rally/scholarships.htm>  to download the
scholarship application and instructions.   Please note that the
deadline to apply for a scholarship is Monday, September 20 .  If you or
someone you know are interested in applying for this scholarship but
will not be able to submit it by the deadline, please contact Fraser
Rothenberg, at 202-638-4725 x337 or frothenberg@lta.org
<mailto:frothenberg@lta.org>  to arrange for a possible extension.

Don't miss this premier four-day conference - the largest gathering of
land conservation leaders in the country!  Visit
www.lta.org/training/rally.htm <http://www.lta.org/training/rally.htm>
for more information and to register online.

Land Trust Alliance Rally 2004
National Land Conservation Conference

October 28-31, 2004
Rhode Island Convention Center