E-M:/ rallies locally for Cheney visits!

Greetings!

Hey, it’s short notice and may involve a bit of driving for many of you, but Dick Cheney is making a campaign stop at noon tomorrow in Lansing.  He will be at speaking at Finley's Restaurant, 5615 West Saginaw in Lansing, at noon on Tuesday, 9/21.

Can’t make it tomorrow?  Well, Cheney will be Warren on Wednesday as well!  He will be speaking at “midday” at the Ukrainian Cultural Center; 26601 Ryan Road in Warren on Wednesday, 9/22.

The Sierra Club will sponsor rallies at both events, somewhere nearby the talks (we’re still scouting out the sites) to express our concern about the administration’s environmental policies.  Please let me know if you’d be interested and able to join us!  Copy your message to Melissa too, please (Melissa.damaschke@sierraclub.org).  Either Melissa, Leigh, or I will provide directions and logistical details if you let us know of your interest.  Please be advised that you should plan to be at the (as yet undetermined) rally site two hours in advance, as the Secret Service road closures make it hard to park and rendezvous.

Hope to see you!  We will have some signs, but it’s great if you can bring your own.  Our theme will be the 23% reduction of enforcement of environmental laws that has occurred during the Bush Administration’s tenure.  POLLUTION IS NOT A FAMILY VALUE.  Thanks, Bruce

Bruce Hoeft

Building Environmental Communities

Sierra Club, Suite 105

100 N. Crooks Rd.