E-M:/ Wilderness First Aid Training Course

From: outings.training@sierraclub.org
Subject: Sierra Club Wilderness First Aid Course in Flint, MI October 9-10
Sender: Sascha.Paris@sierraclub.org
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:51:03 -0700

WE NEED YOUR HELP !

The Outdoor Activity Training Program is bringing a special training event
to the MacKinac Chapter: a low cost Wilderness First Aid course.  We,
however, have only a handful of signups.  We need your help to spread the
word to insure that we can still run it!

Where: Mott Community College in Flint, MI

When: October 9-10, 2004. 8 am ­ 5 pm each day.

Cos
are not provided.

WHAT’S THIS COURSE ALL ABOUT?

* Wilderness, as defined by the WMS (Wilderness Medical Society), is one
hour or more from definitive medical care.
* Wilderness medical training gives you the confidence and competence to
deal with a difficult medical situation in the field.
* Wilderness medical training differs from standard first aid in that its
protocols and procedures are not generally accepted for urban care. In the
wilderness, however, patient stabilization and pain control is the name of
the game.

WE NEED YOUR HELP TO SPREAD THE WORD:
•     Listservs   Post to
Contact for an electronic version.
•     Website     Post the a
site. Contact for file.
•     Meeting     Hand out the enclosed
meeting.

REGISTRATION - To register, learn more about the workshop, and check for
available space, go to the Training website at
http://www.sierraclub.org/outings/training/

3 other ways to register
Be sure to include your name(s), address, telephone #, email address,
membership #, and workshop # - 04872A

MAIL check or money order for $75
Sierra Club Outings
85 Second Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105

CALL - credit card only:
415-977-5588
Monday-Friday, 8:30-5, PST

FAX  - credit card only:
415-977-5795
Include Card Number, Expiration Date and Signature

Questions?  Contact Sascha Paris, Sierra Club Outdoor Activities Training
Manager at outings.training@sierraclub.org or at (415) 977-5711.
Safe, Happy, and Inspired
Outdoor Activities Training Program
Sascha Paris - Manager