E-M:/ Job Announcement - League of Michigan Bicyclists.

Enviro-Mich message from "Lucinda Means" <lmbike@voyager.net>

Dear Friends, our current Programs Assistant, Nick Wierzba and his wife
Kasey are moving to Colorado for job opportunities in Kasey's field of
Agriculture.  We are very happy for them and very sad for us.  Nick has
done a wonderful job and we will miss him very much indeed.

Please post this full time Programs Assistant position as widely as you
wish. We are eager to fill it by the last week of October if possible.
Sorry for any cross postings.

Thank you.

**************

League of Michigan Bicyclists
Programs Assistant Job Description
October 2004

The League of Michigan Bicyclists seeks a full time Programs Assistant
for both administrative and program duties to help make Michigan a
Bicycle-Friendly State. Salary $21,000-$23,000, depending on
qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, two weeks paid
vacation, and 12 paid holidays. Office-casual dress appropriate and
bicycle commuting highly desirable.  Non-smoking building. Work site is
in downtown Lansing, MI on River Trail. Bicycle parking in building.
Preferred Start Date: November 1st or earlier if possible. Work
schedule either 8-4pm or 9-5pm negotiable.

Qualifications:
Mastery of Microsoft Office software, Internet and Access database, web
site creation experience helpful
Strong verbal and writing skills.
Comfort with public contact on phone, by email and in person.
Knowledge of marketing, public relations, journalism, public policy,
land use, transportation planning, environmental issues, bicycle safety
education; or related disciplines
Four-year college degree in a related field preferred; if currently in
a Degree Program, Senior or Graduate Student preferred.

Requirements:
Lansing area resident.
Commitment to promoting bicycling; must be frequent bicycle rider and
agree to use a Consumer Product Safety Commission approved helmet when
commuting or on LMB business.
Attend four weekend Board Meetings a year; attend approx. 12-15
night/weekend events yearly.
Job requires occasional lifting and carrying boxes of weighing 25-35
lbs.; walking up and down stairs, talking on telephone; operating
office machines, sitting at a computer and entering data using keyboard
and mouse.
Regular access to home computer and email

The LMB is a 1500+ member non-profit organization with a mission of
Making Michigan a Bicycle Friendly State. Our Board of Directors,
volunteers and full-time Executive Director work with various state and
private agencies, bike clubs and shops all over Michigan to promote
biking. We promote cycle tourism in Michigan, distribute general
cycling information, educate children and adults on safe sharing of the
road and represent the interests of cyclists to policy makers and at
public hearings.

Please send resume, 3 references with phone numbers and cover letter by
EMAIL ONLY:

Lucinda J. Means
Executive Director
League of Michigan Bicyclists
P O Box 16201
Lansing, MI 48901
Office@LMB.org
(517) 334-9100

-----
Lucinda Means
League of Michigan Bicyclists
P O Box 16201
Lansing, MI  48901
or
410 s Cedar #G
Lansing, MI  48912
Tel: (517) 334-9100
Fax: (517) 334-9111
(888) 642-4537 (in MI Only)
www.LMB.org

We are Working to Make Michigan a Bicycle Friendly State