E-M:/ Green Building Speaker series

Enviro-Mich message from "Link, Terry" <link@mail.lib.msu.edu>

Please share - Free and Open to the Public

"Learning From Renovations: Linking Sustainability From Building to Programs"

Danielle Conroyd and Sr. Janet Ryan, IHM Sisters, Monroe MI

Tuesday, October 19 - 4:00pm
Room 1235 Anthony Hall,
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI

Motherhouse Renovation - One of the country's largest sustainable renovations of a residential building,
the project encapsulates five main areas: water recycling, geothermal heating and cooling, rewiring, interior redesign, and restoration of original materials. For the water-recycling plan, developers created three acres of wetlands behind the motherhouse, which will cleanse used "greywater," then filter it back into the building for reuse.

"Our IHM commitment to use environmentally responsible, sustainable design in our home and campus will become a model of development for the 21st Century. It is our goal as educators to make use of this "living lab" to develop, refine and demonstrate Earth-restoring practices and systems.

Sponsored by:
University Committee for a Sustainable Campus
MSU Office of Campus Sustainability
For more information please contact:
Terry Link * 15 Olds Hall * East Lansing, MI 48824
(517) 355-1751 * link@msu.edu * www.ecofoot.msu.edu

Terry Link, Director
Office of Campus Sustainability
15 Olds Hall