Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Former DNR director works for developer

I agree with most of what Jack says.  I somewhat differ on South Fox because some form of consolidation makes sense.  Some parts don't make sense, however.  The plan endorsed by the Engler crew was too much driven towards Johnson.

I especially endorse Jack's position on his disappointment with the current Republican Party.  I too was born and raised a Republican.  My mother was a Republican County commissioner, my wife and I were co-founders of our county Teen Age Republicans, and my heroes also include Governor Milliken, as well as Governor Romney.  The Republican party abandoned me, and abandoned most of us.  Now, the goals of the party seem to be radical right to the complete detriment of Michigan's environment.

I will come back, when they come back to me and Michigan's environmental heritage.