E-M:/ MDCH serum dioxin levels

Results back from pilot study of dioxin exposure
Kathie Marchlewski , Midland Daily News 10/17/2004

 "Our dioxin blood levels are extremely high," Barbara said. The letter from MDCH tells her that her number is "elevated in a much greater percentile category than other people in (her) age group."
http://www.ourmidland.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=13157547&BRD=2289&PAG=461&dept_id=472542&rfi=6

Enviro-mich:

The results reported in this story on several residents living along the Tittabawassee River  show they are well above the 16 ppt reference range established at the International Dioxin Conference. It is the height of arrogance for Dow Chemical to dismiss the soils in these people's yards as a source of their contamination or even a problem. These are real people living 24-7 in yards contaminated with Dow's dioxin. This is one more  incident where we are seeing that dioxin in soils and sediments  DOES translate to dioxin in fish, eggs, deer, turkey, squirrel, duck eggs and now PEOPLE.

Dow's automatic response to dioxin body burdens  ( like today's story) is always about diet being the most significant source of dioxin. This may be true but it serves as deflection from the real issues.  In a detailed discussion of dietary dioxin sources the logical  question is ------------- how did it get in our food? Dow and industry know the answer.

Michelle Hurd Riddick
Lone Tree Council