E-M:/ Sierra Club Protest

Join the Sierra Club as we

Rally for the Environment

Wednesday, October 20th, 11:30 am

In Traverse City, MI

Help us greet Vice President Cheney with a Protest

The public needs to know that the Bush Administration is protecting polluters, not people!

Please send this email notice far and wide! Help us make

a HUGE statement so that the public knows that Americans find it unacceptable to have their environmental laws weakened and our water, air and land polluted! WE NEED YOUR HELP!

When?              Wednesday, October 20

Where?           Corner of Garfield and Front Street

TIME?         We plan on starting at 11:30 A.M.  The Cheney rally is scheduled to begin at 1:30 P.M.  Can?t stay the whole time?  Plan on spending your lunch hour with us! Call us to confirm the time if you want.  We?ll have signs!

*   FOR PARKING:  You should be able to park on State Street or other side streets near Garfield Avenue and walk to the corner.

*   SIGN MAKING PARTY:  Please join us at our office (229 Lake Avenue, TC) on Tuesday, October 19th from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. to make signs.  We?ve got poster boards, markers, etc.  If you have a staple gun, please bring it.

Who?       Please email or call me if you are able to attend or with any questions, shelly.campbell@sierraclub.org or 231-922-2201 or 231-883-9444.