From: Edward C Lorenz [mailto:lorenz@alma.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 12:45 PM
Subject: Important Community Health Meeting

We've just learned that officials from the Agency for Toxic
Substances Disease Registry of the Centers for Disease
Control and the Michigan Dept. of Community will be making a
report tomorrow night at the Pine River Community Advisory
Group meeting at 7:00 p.m. at St. Louis City Hall.

They are reporting to the community on the "scoping visit"
last month when they listened to community concerns regarding
the region's possible environmental-health problems.  While
we wish we had more notice of this decision, we are
especially pleased to learn staff from the Chicago office are
coming.  Dr. Michelle Watters, the regional health officer
will attend the meeting.  This indicates we are getting the
highest level attention from ATSDR/CDC.

We hope all interested people can come to this meeting, since it
will be a good opportunity to ask questions and try to define
roles for this project which has been of concern to this
community.

[For those not familiar with the meeting location, St. Louis
City Hall is at 108 West Saginaw St. in St. Louis.  Saginaw
St. is parallel to M-46, one block north of the St. Louis
McDonalds.]

Edward C. Lorenz
Reid-Knox Professor of History & Political Science
Alma College
614 West Superior St.
Alma, MI 48801
(989) 463-7203 [office]